“This or That” Beauty Q&A!!
This tag was done by Storybook Apothecary, and I thought it was a really good one. I always like hearing what others tend to lean towards, and sometimes I even learn about something…a new technique or a fun beauty fact that I was unaware of before. So I hope that everyone enjoys. ❤
1. Blush Or Bronzer? Most definitely blush for me. I have a very pale complexion, and bronzer plus blush is just too much. I also have very small features…small lips, small eyes, a small nose… There is really no need to do a lot of contouring. At least in my opinion. If you don’t need it, then why force it? It will look forced. I like to make things appear bigger. Not smaller.
2. Lipstick or Lipgloss? This is tough because I always wear them together. But if I had to chose one to wear alone, I would choose lipgloss. I find that lipsticks alone on my are too drying unless they have a very creamy texture. I need the extra moisture on my lips with the dry climate that I live in.
3. Chapstick or Lip Butter? Lip butters. Hands down. They are moisturizing and I need that in this dry climate I live in.
4. Matte or Sparkle Eyeshadow? As much as I love matte eyeshadows, I reach for the shimmer ones more. So I will have to say shimmer. I like how they give my eyes a little more attention. And you can always use a matte shadow to blend them out. So shimmer it is. The UD Naked palette is coming to mind now. *sigh*
5. Gel, Liquid, Cream or Pencil Liner? I always reach for gel simply because I find them easier to work with. Especially the Clinique gel liners because they almost never dry out. I have such small eyes that I need something that gives me a lot of control and precision. I like using liquid liner when I am making a feeble attempt to draw a wing (never my strong suit), but most of the time its gel liner. Pencils only when I want to smoke the eye shadow from underneath.
6. Foundation or Concealer? Foundation. I have always struggled with concealer. I really like the Givenchy concealer, but I still have problems getting it to blend sometimes. My skin for some reason just rejects concealer. I think because most of them are so thick, and my skin really prefers something thin to work with. Always has… foundation makes me feel like I have my clothes on. I feel like I have nothing to worry about as far as an uneven complexion with it on.
7. Liquid or Powder Foundation? I use both. Liquid on my cheeks for my freckles and discoloration, and powder on my forehead and nose to make them smooth and even. I realize that I am probably the only person in the world who does not use liquid foundation all over her face, or just powder all over my face, but that is what I do, and it works for me. Liquid foundation tends to crack on my nose. My skin there is really tender and never responded well to liquid foundation of any kind. But I like to set everything with the powder to give it all a nice finish.
8. Neutral or Statement Eye? Being that I have always had to be either work or school appropriate, I will go with a neutral eye. Mainly because that is what I have always done, and I am pretty good at it now. But I love a good statement eye when I am going to an event or having an evening out with the girls. I always do a statement eye for a party or something and when I do, I always get compliments. So they are fun when appropriate.
9. Pressed or Loose Shadows? Pressed for most days. They are nice and easy to work with. Pigments take a little bit more time. Although they sometimes have more of a pop. So when I have the time, I reach for them. But on most days, I just go for my MAC pressed shadows or a UD Naked I or II palette.
10. Waterproof or Non-Waterproof? Non-waterproof. Waterproof is usually to thick for me. But I think with the potential change in climate coming for my family soon to a deep south heat, that ma change.
11. Brushes, Sponges or Fingers? Brushes…all the way, every time. Tried every other way in the world to apply foundation, and nothing works for me like a brush. I feel professional when using them. So why stop? I would like to try a Beauty Blender some time. But given the extreme changes in texture that my skin has, it makes me a little nervous.
12. Powder, Cream or Liquid Highlighters? Powder. Quick and easy. I apply it, and I’m off. Although I really do love my Benefit High Beam, I don’t reach for it nearly as much as my MAC Soft and Gentle. I just love the shimmer it gives me. I feel like my whole face lights up when I apply it. And there is the whole standby of “no liquids on top of powder”, and I am always afraid of looking cakey. So I just use liquids when I think my skin can pull it off.
Hope you enjoyed that.